Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Josué & Elisabeth - Best friends & Sweethearts

When you say you love me
The world goes still, so still inside and
When you say you love me
For a moment, there's no one else alive



I'm sharing a ton of pictures here!  I did Josué & Elisabeth's engagement photos back in May when I was in Georgia for Hannah's wedding (Elisabeth's sister) & I was thrilled when they asked me to come back to photograph their wedding in January! :)  It really doesn't get much sweeter than these two.  The way they look at, take care of, & respect each other.  They're so natural with each other that it feels a lot like fun & not at all like work when taking photos of just the two of them!


This is Reyna.  She did Elisabeth's hair & makeup.  She was constantly by her side trying to be sure everything was like Elisabeth wanted it!  She also set up this room with tables, chairs, & mirrors lining the walls & decorated it with white & red.  Every girl needs a friend like Reyna on their wedding day.








It's the grooms job to circle the bride with love... to always protect her.





Waiting to see his bride!


Photographer's note here: I'm really starting to love first looks!




These two have known each other for a long time.  Since they were 11.  They were best friends before they fell in love & it shows.  They're just so comfortable with each other.  They show affection really well.  You can feel their love for each other if you stand close enough, or look at their faces as they look at each other, or even talk about each other.








"I want…a steady hand. A kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe. I want to love, and be loved.”







On to the boys...

These guys are always so much fun!

brothers


So, this conversation, well they were very nice, but I'm pretty sure they thought it was unnecessary for me to even ask if they wanted a picture with the car! lol! 

If only all guys in wedding partys were this happy to go with anything I asked them to do.  They made everything look epic.





Wedding time?  But first let me take a selfie.


Really this whole wedding party is my favorite!  I knew they were going to be & it was just another thing that made me LOVE this wedding!


The girls...

We had to make this fast because.... it. was. freezing.  These girls were awesome though!  They stuck it out & didn't turn blue or anything lol!  But all this huddling together, was basically so they didn't freeze to death or blow away in the wind! ;)

Did you ever see so many beautiful women in one place?


I don't know, you tell me, who did the car picture better... the girls or guys?

Elisabeth & her brothers!

This is just the two families!


So much fun with these people!

With the moms :)


Waiting

Josué gave his mom & mother-in-law each a rose.


Absolutely adorable & most thorough flower girls ever! 

Don't let anyone tell you that a first look takes away from the groom seeing his bride walk down the aisle.






I doubt they were even aware that a whole congregation of people were watching them at this point.  They were in their own world... together.

Prayer with parents & their first prayer together as husband & wife.  This, along with the presentation of a Bible from both sets of parents are traditions in Hispanic weddings.


The first kiss!



Elisabeth's parents, the brand new husband & wife, & Josué's parents.

mother & son





"Hold me tight & don't let go"





You're the one I've always thought of.
I don't know how, but I feel sheltered in your love.
You're where I belong.







This is another tradition... all of the guys grab the groom, carry him outside, & throw him in the air.

 I haven't asked this, but just from my observations at the two weddings that I've seen this at.... catching him is preferred & usually attempted, but still optional.






Happiness.  Pure happiness.


To me, there's just always something about saying goodbye to everyone else & going home together.  Just the two of you.  For the first time.


~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!